If using an image in a publication or a reproduction, please credit the Salida Regional Library.
This page is part of the Donna Nevens Collection.
(click on each image for a larger view)
In 1879, the site of Maysville was ranch land owned by Amasa Feathers. By 1880, the town was platted and had a population of around 1000.
The following photographs are of Maysville in the early 1880s. Backs of each photo are to the right.
Link here to an article with some quotes about Maysville, written by newspaperman E.D. Cowen.