Town of Shavano

If using an image in a publication or a reproduction, please credit the Salida Regional Library.

This page is part of the Donna Nevens Collection.

The town of Shavano was located up the north fork of the South Arkansas River. It was founded in 1879 and only lasted for a few years.

    
A group of miners at the townsite of Shavano.


The Shavano Band — Tom Penrose is 4th from left.

Comments are closed.